Saturday 18 May 2013

Understanding Customers


In these previous articles, professors discuss a range of topics about customers: why they are not always right; understanding their motivations; providing them dramatically enhanced services; and making things right when you don't meet their expectations.
 

Questions to be Answered

  • What's the biggest obstacle to excellence in service organizations?
  • Should I do what my customers tell me to do?
  • How can I understand my customers better?
  • After the screw-up, what next?

What's the biggest obstacle obstacle to excellence in service organizations?

In their new book, Uncommon Service, coauthors Frances Frei and Anne Morriss show it is possible for organizations to reduce costs while dramatically enhancing customer service. The key? Don't try to be good at everything.

Should I do what my customers tell me to do?

At its height, Chef Ferran AdriĆ 's elBulli restaurant may have been the most popular in the world, but why? In professor Michael Norton's course, students learn about marketing from a business owner who says he doesn't care whether or not customers like his product.

How can I understand my customers better?

Retailers can offer great product selection and value, but those who lack empathy for their customers are at risk of losing them, says professor Ananth Raman.

After the screw-up, what next?

It was the Valentine's Day from hell for JetBlue employees and more than 130,000 customers. Under bad weather, JetBlue fliers were trapped on the runway at JFK for hours, many ultimately delayed by days. How did the airline make it right with customers and learn from its mistakes? A discussion with Harvard Business School professor Robert S. Huckman.







Source:hbswk.hbs.edu/topics/marketing.html

No comments:

Post a Comment